Sad news to report.
Lou Grant, former 20th SOS Commander (Jun 84 - Jun 86) has passed away.
Viewing: Saturday, 20 Dec at 1030 with memorial service at 1100
Service at: Harper Morris Memorial Chapel at 2276 Airport Blvd, Pensacola 32504
The internment will be immediately after at Bayview Memorial, 3351 Scenic Hwy, Pensacola 32503
There may be a gathering at Lou and Gwens homestead in Navarre after the internment. That is TBD (family has their hands full at the moment)
JOB NETWORK UPDATE
Check out the
Job Network page for details.
- Financial Statement updated. Thank you again those who have graciously donated.
- REUNION T-SHIRTS
I emailed everyone who ordered a shirt, but still haven't heard back from some folks.
Please get in touch with me for your shirt. Sorry, there are no extras.
CLICK HERE for the PAVE LOW MERCHANDISE STORE
(Vanity plates, decals, koozies)
COMMUNITY NEWS & INFO
- Two great articles regarding health issues
1. New research links Iraq dust to ill soldiers
Iraq Dust is Respirable, Sharp, And Metal Laden
- Pave Low Duck Call (Quack Blaster) - Made by Chris Roberson (FB page)
Available in Single Reed, Double Reed, or Wood Duck
Cocobolo barrel w/ clear acrylic insert, "QuckBlaster" logo, and MH-53 logo. Numbered 2 thru xx.
Comes w/ black polish bag & clear acrylic stand.
Made to order for $100 shipped with a 30-45 day build time.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with which reed (single, double or wood duck reed).
Paypal is prefered - Use email (email@example.com)
MAHOGANY PAVE LOW
- MilitaryMahogany.com has producing a hand carved mahagony MH-53 PAVE LOW.
Approx. $89 plus S&H (10% military discount)
To order, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITES & PAVE STUFF
- Task Force Omega (Lt Rich Van De Geer)
- USAF National Museum Virtual Tour (h/t Kevin Wilson)
- The National Archives (Veterans Service Records)
- Message from Steve Kelly (PAVE Pilot):
Diagnosed w/ cancer in Oct '08 & beat it.
Great insight & offer to help.
- Paul Treleven PAVE LOW Paintings (Click here)
- Unofficial Links
- Virtual tours of PAVE LOW 68-10357 at the USAF Museum
Click here for a virtual tour of the cockpit
Click here for a virtual tour of the cabin