COMMUNITY NEWS & INFO
- The Spring Panhandle Job Fair will be held on Thursday, 17 Apr 2014 at St. Mary's Parish Life Center in FWB, FL. Doors open to the public 10am to 2 pm.
- I found a home for the flag from our rescue mission of downed F-16 pilot during operations ALLIED FORCE. John Adrian (PAVE LOW FE #5) is the honorary maintainer of 68-0369 and will provide a proper display of the flag for visitors to enjoy.
- Art Kennedy will be hosting meetings at The Landing at Cannon AFB NM to plan for a “Pave West Reunion”. More details to follow.
- Congratulations to Col Dave Tabor upon his assumption of command of the Air Force Special Operations Air Warfare Center at Hurlburt Field.
- Congratulations to MG Tom Trask for his promotion to Lieutenant General with assignment to Vice Commander, USSOCOM, Pentagon, Washington, DC.
- Colonel "Little Rob" Abernathy from Maxwell AFB (Pave pilot #137) is retiring this spring after 27 and half years. No details on date.
- I'm slowly getting the pages backed up from when I stupidly deleted them. Most are done, but still have a bunch in the history sections and the lineages. Please bear with me as my time is limited until mid-May. Also, I will have a PAVE LOW Reunion Registration page completed during mid-May as well so we can get an accurate count and start accepting payments.
- Carlos "The Jackal" Halcomb
PAVE LOW Pilot #186, Air Commando #152
11 April 14 at 1430
Robins AFB (Museum of Aviation/Century of Flight Hagar) Underneath tail #1626.
Col Steve Connelly presiding.
RSVP by 4 April to CMSgt Robert Mollett at (478) 327-1493
Click here for flyer
PAVE LOW REUNION 2014
Date: Oct 17-19, 2014
Location: FWB (Specific location not set yet)
Price: TBD, but very affordable
Sub-committee members are still needed, contact Jessika Hickman at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer
Committee Lead - Jessika Hickman
Food/Beverage Chair: Brien Smith
Set-up/tear down: Chair: James "Rocky" Rhodes
Entertainment Chair: Jessika Hickman
Registration/Payments: Vince DePersio
Golf Tourney Chair: Brien Smith
History/Memorabilia Chair: John Hickman
Motorcycle Ride Chair: Craig Dock
Sales/souvenirs Chair: TBD
Mahogany PAVE LOW
- MilitaryMahogany.com has producing a hand carved mahagony MH-53 PAVE LOW.
Approx. $89 plus S&H (10% military discount)
To order, send email to email@example.com
John Grove Memorial
- Click here to visit Bless the Children's website.
Reaching out to our PAVE LOW family. John Grove's legacy lives on and not just in the PAVE LOW world. John helped fund "Bless the Children", an international organization helping the poorest children of the world who are living under extreme conditions. He did this with his own retirement check! After his passing, several other caring PAVE guys stepped in to help out.
In short, we're looking for annual donations in order to provide a minimum of $2000 a month for this organization.
With your help (en mass), this is easily achievable. Some have already chipped in $100/month, but with your lump sum or recurring donation of ANY amount, we can help keep John's legacy alive by helping these children.
The Official PAVE LOW history book
"On A Steel Horse I Ride" written by Darrel Whitcomb can be purchased by Non-DoD/Military/Retired personnel from the Air University (based on availability).
Or click here for the .pdf version